Common Catering Questions and Answers
1. What type of service would be best - plated or buffet?
Depending on your desires and budget, the Odawa Casino Resort offers both types of meal service. Plated duet meals are very elegant and satisfying.
2. Will you provide the cake?
Odawa Casino Resort encourages you to use any licensed bakery in the area.
3. Do you provide food for the photographer, videographer or musicians?
These professionals should be included in your final guest count.
4. Will you pack a to-go snack for the bride and groom?
The staff will gladly pack a snack for the bride and groom.
5. Will you pack the top tier of the wedding cake?
The staff can carefully pack the top tier of your wedding cake.
6. Do you provide the linens? Is there and additional fee?
We provide ivory or white linens at no additional charge.
7. Is there a linen color selection?
There is a limited linen color selection. Contact your coordinator for details.
8. Do you supply glasses, plates and silverware? Is there an additional charge?
All glasses, plates and silverware are provided for your event at no additional charge.
9. Do you handle all equipments such as tables, chairs and serving pieces?
All equipment is provided for your event at no additional charge.
10. How long will the room set up take? Who will set up the room?
Set up for your event will take approximately 4 hours. Banquet staff will set your room.
11. Do you handle the clean up? Do you handle the rental returns?
All clean-up is handled by Odawa Casino Resort staff. Rental returns are the responsibility of whomever contracted the rental.
12. Will you personally handle and attend my reception? If not, what is the name of the person who will?
The Convention Sales Coordinator will handle all of the details of your reception and then the Convention Service Supervisor, or designee, will oversee your reception.
13. Do you make arrangements for flowers, decorations and music?
Odawa Casino Resort encourages you to make arrangements for flowers, decorations and music. Contact your coordinator for a list of recommended vendors.
14. Do you charge to pour coffee?
There is no additional charge to pour coffee.
15. Do you require a guaranteed number of guests?
16. What is the last date I can give you a final guest count?
The guaranteed number of guests is due three business days prior to your function.
17. When will you provide the final per-person cost?
Final per person cost can be figured as soon as your final menu selections are made.
18. Do you have a contract?
19. What is the payment policy?
Payment in full is required in advance for all functions unless prior credit arrangements have been established with the Odawa Casino Resort and Odawa Hotel. A contract total estimate will be prepared based on the client's expected attendance, set-up and menu selections. 25% of the estimated total will be due 180 days prior to the function. 50% of the estimated total will be due 60 days prior to the function. The remaining 25% of the estimated total will be due 14 days prior to the function. Any variances to the estimate must be paid by the client upon conclusion of the function. If there is a credit balance at the end of the function, Odawa Casino Resort and OdawaHotel will reimburse the client within fourteen (14) days.
20. What is the deposit to hold the date?
There is a $500 deposit to hold the date.
21. What is your refund or cancellation policy?
If client cancels contract more than 180 days prior to event client will receive the deposit amount less $100.
If client cancels contract, within: 180 days prior, client is obligated to pay for 10% of the contract guarantee plus forfeiture of deposit.
90 days prior, client is obligated to pay for 20% of the contract guarantee plus forfeiture of deposit.
60 days prior, client is obligated to pay for 40% of the contract guarantee plus forfeiture of deposit. 30 days prior, client is obligated to pay for 70% of the contract guarantee plus forfeiture of deposit. 14 days prior, client is obligated to pay for 100% of the contract guarantee plus forfeiture of deposit.
Cancellations must be received in writing to be considered valid. A written cancellation is considered delivered upon receipt of hand delivery with signed receipt to Odawa Casino Resort and Odawa Hotel Sales Representative when a cancellation is received in the mail, or when received during regular business hours to Odawa Casino Resort and Odawa Hotel Sales Representative by e-mail or fax.
22. Are gratuities already figured in the total price? If so, what percent is being charged?
All food and beverage is subject to 20% gratuity and 6% tax.